Mojitos are really easy to prepare and are so refreshing to enjoy on a warm day. Adding strawberries gives this classic cocktail an extra hit of summery sweetness – and it looks beautiful and pink too!
The alcohol content per glass is the equivalent of two standard shots. Halve the rum and add an extra 60g of soda water if you want to lower the alcohol content. Or, if you would prefer to have your drink alcohol free, simply substitute the rum with lemonade.
I have given quantities for two serves, but you can easily double if you are entertaining a crowd.
- 120g Bacardi (or other sweet rum)
- 120g soda water
- One tray of ice cubes
- 6 strawberries
- 1 lime
- Handful of fresh mint
- 30g sugar
- Extra lime
- 2-3 Strawberries
- Mint leaves
- Add sugar to mixing bowl and mill, speed 10, 10 seconds.
- Slice lime into rings, then in half again (to make half moon shapes)
- Hull the strawberries.
- Add sliced lime, strawberries and mint to mixing bowl with sugar. Bash together gently by mixing on reverse, speed 4, 10 seconds.
- Add soda water, Bacardi and ice and mix reverse, speed 3, 10 seconds.
- Pour into serving glasses and add extra sliced lime, sliced berries, and mint leaves to decorate.