This meal gets made quite often in our house, it is an adaptation of the ‘Asian-Style Fish Fillets’ recipe (in the Everyday Cookbook) that we have come up to suit our own tastes. It ticks all the boxes; easy, healthy and very tasty. I have not given an exact recipe, as you can alter the quantites to suit how many people you are cooking for (and how much flavour you like) However, regardless of how many vegetables or how many salmon pieces you are cooking, keep the liquid quantity the same. I like to serve this with Soba noodles (that I cook separately) but you can very easily make this an all-in-dish by steaming 400g of rice in the basket while you have the rest of the meal cooking. If the rice cooks quicker than the vegetables and fish just take it out and keep warm in your Thermoserver.
- Salmon fillets (as many as you need for your family)
- Soy or Tamari
- Sesame seeds
- Mixed chopped vegetables - as many as you need for your family. I chop as many as I can fit in!
- 400ml tin coconut cream
- 400ml water
- Place garlic, ginger and chilli into the Tmx bowl and chop speed 5, 5 seconds.
- Scrape out with spatula and pat onto the top of the salmon pieces (on the skin side). Don't rinse the bowl.
- Drizzle soy sauce over the salmon and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Place into the bottom tray of the varoma and place an assortment of chopped vegetables around the fish and in the top of the tray. I pack as many vegetables in as I can. Use whatever you have in the fridge.
- Pour the coconut cream and water into the Tmx bowl (use the empty tin to measure the water).
- Set the varoma on top and cook varoma temp, 15-20 minutes.
- Cooking time varies depending on how much fish and vegetables you have. Check after 15 minutes and cook longer if needed. I find that for three 200g salmon pieces and a full tray of vegetables it takes closer to 20 minutes.
- Serve the fish with vegetables on the side, and either rice or soba noodles (see notes)
I serve this with soba noodles that I cook separately, however you can cook rice at the same time as your fish and vegetables are steaming. Simply measure 400g into the basket and steam at the same time. If the rice cooks before the fish and vegetables are done, remove and keep warm in the Thermoserver.