One Power Ball and I’m outta here! Not really – this is just what I call these tasty (and healthy) little raw food snacks.
There are lots of recipe versions of these around. This is one that I have created to suit our tastes. They are great for the kids to snack on but are not lunchbox friendly (due to the nuts). But I do have some nut free versions also that you can find here, here and here.
- 130g raw cashews (or you can use almonds if you prefer - but I love the creamy taste of the cashews!)
- 4-6 dates
- 4-6 prunes (if you are not a fan of prunes just use all dates)
- 100g (about ½ cup) dried apricots
- 1 Tbsp desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Place the nuts in the Tmx bowl and grind speed 6, 5 seconds. Be careful not to turn them into powder!
- Add dried fruit and coconut and chop speed 6, 15 seconds.
- Add chia and blend speed 6, 5 seconds. The mixture will look crumbly but will hold when pressed together - check with a small piece. If it is not sticking then process for a bit longer or add a couple more dates.
- Scoop tablespoons of mixture and roll into balls. You can coat in more coconut if you like but I like these ones without. Store in sealed container in the fridge.