Another lunchbox winner.
This is cooked as a slice but the finished texture is quite light and cake like. It freezes well and the kids enjoy it in school lunches – just be mindful that if your school is nut free make sure you choose a muesli that has no nuts added.
I actually like this recipe as it is a good way to use up the last of the muesli that seems to get left and sit in the bottom of the box untouched!
- 220g natural un-toasted muesli
- 160g SR flour
- 95 dried apricots
- 70g sultanas
- 80g brown sugar
- 180g butter
- 60g honey
- 2 eggs
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees. Grease and line a 16 cm x 26 cm slice tin.
- Place apricots and sultanas in bowl and chop speed 6, 4 seconds.
- Remove from bowl and set aside.
- Place butter, honey and sugar into the bowl and heat 100 degrees, 2 minutes, speed 1.
- Add all other ingredients into the honey mixture and combine reverse, speed 5, 25 seconds until well mixed.
- Pour into prepared tin and bake 30-35 minutes until firm and golden on top.
- Allow to cool before slicing.