This recipe is a mish mash of a few that I have tried, from various sources. It is very mild but very flavoursome and my kids all enjoy it (my husband and son add sambal for extra heat). You can find my sambal recipe here.
Mild Chicken Curry
Recipe type: Chicken & Pork
- 500-600g chicken chopped into thin strips (we use thighs but you could use breast)
- 1 tsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 large red onion - chopped in half
- 2cm fresh ginger
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- 1 400g can chopped tomatoes
- ½ tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 3 cloves
- A few fresh curry leaves
- 125ml coconut milk
- Bunch of fresh coriander
- Add mustard seeds, and oil to the Tmx, heat varoma, 3 minutes, speed soft to release flavour (they should pop and crackle a bit)
- Add onion, ginger & garlic, and chop speed 6, 6 seconds.
- Sauté 100 degrees, 2 minutes, speed soft.
- Add all other ingredients except coconut milk, cook varoma, 15 minutes, reverse speed 1.
- Check that chicken is cooked through
- Add coconut milk and reduce heat to 80 degrees and cook for a further 2 minutes, reverse, speed 1.
- Serve with generous amount of chopped coriander on top.