Lemon Tea Cake
Recipe type: Baking
- 200g SR flour
- 125g butter
- 100g sugar
- Juice of one lemon (or two if they are small)
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 110g milk
- Juice of one extra lemon and ¼ cup of sugar to pour over the top once cooked
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees and grease a loaf tin.
- Place flour and butter into Tmx bowl and rub together speed 6, 10 seconds.
- Add sugar, lemon juice, salt, eggs and milk. Mix speed 5, 10 seconds.
- Pour mix into loaf tin and bake at 180 degrees for approximately 1 hour (test towards end of cooking time and test with skewer to check if cooked).
- While loaf is cooking combine extra lemon juice and sugar in a mug. When the loaf comes out of the oven spoon the lemony-sugary mix over the top while it is hot.
Allow to cool in the tin before turning out and serving.