Kit Kat Cheesecake Slice
Recipe type: Desserts, Baking
Serves: 20 slices
- 3 x 90g Kit Kats
- 50 g butter
- 375g cream cheese
- 90g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 300ml sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 Flake bars
- Grease and line a lamington tin with baking paper. Extend paper 2cm above edges.
- Place butter into Thermomix bowl and melt 90 degrees, 2 minutes, speed 1.
- Add Kit Kats, crush 10 seconds, speed 5-6. Tip the Kit Kat & butter mixture into prepared tin and press evenly over the base. The mixture is quite sticky, use the back of the MC to smooth down. I find that leaving it for about 10 minutes at room temp to cool down a bit helps to make it a bit more spreadable. Once spread in the tin put in the fridge for an hour or until firm.
- Don’t worry about cleaning the bowl. Add cream cheese and sugar and beat 20 seconds, speed 5.
- Add eggs combine 5 seconds, speed 5.
- Add sour cream and vanilla and gently mix through for 15 seconds, Reverse, Spoon Soft.
- Pour over prepared base
- Sprinkle with crushed Flakes and swirl through with a skewer.
- Bake in a moderate oven 40-50 minutes (this can vary depending on your oven, you will know it is cooked when it stops wobbling. It still looks a bit ‘spongy’ when it first comes out of the oven but it sets as it cools) Cool completely before cutting.