My kids say this tastes like pizza flavoured sauce!
Great for busy nights when you need something served fast. I put the pasta on the stove when I start the sauce and it is ready to serve all at the same time. Make a salad while the Thermomix cooks the sauce and hey presto – dinner!
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 200g bacon rashers (rindless and chopped into rough chunks)
- 30g olive oil
- ½ red capsicum - chopped into small strips
- ½ green capsicum - chopped into small strips
- Handful fresh basil
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
- ½ cup cream (optional)
- Place onion, garlic and bacon into Tmx bowl and chop 3 seconds, speed 6.
- Add oil and sauté at 100 degrees, 3 minutes, speed 1.
- Add capsicum, tomatoes, basil and seasoning and cook for 100 degrees, 15 minutes, speed 1.
- If adding cream pause the cooking with a few minutes to go and add, then finish cooking time.
- Serve over pasta with cheese on the top and salad.