We have two avocado trees in our yard, and this year we had quite a large crop. Yum! We made this recipe quite often to use up slightly overripe fruit. Guacamole is great for dipping, dolloping (nachos) and even spreading in sandwiches. This is the version that we make, it is easy to tweak to suit your own tastes by varying the amount of chilli.
- 2 large ripe avocados (keep one seed)
- 1 tomato
- ½ of a medium sized red onion
- 1 fresh chilli (with or without seeds depending on how hot you like it!)
- Juice of 1 lime (or you can use a small lemon if you don't have lime)
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves and stems
- Salt to season
- Place all ingredients into the Tmx bowl and mix for 5-10 seconds until combined to your preferred texture. Easy! We like it quite smooth so I mix for closer to 10 seconds.
- Pour into serving bowl with extra coriander leaves chopped or torn on top and the reserved seed placed in it. This helps to retain the colour (and looks good too).