This makes a mega batch – 18 standard sized muffins. Eat half and freeze half – or just eat them all 😉
LSA is a mixture of ground linseed, almond and sunflower seeds. You can purchase it from the health food section of the supermarket. It gives these muffins a lovely nutty flavour and slightly crunchy texture.
- 50g butter
- 75g sugar
- 2 eggs
- 160g buttermilk (or normal low-fat or skim milk if you don’t have buttermilk)
- 90g natural yoghurt
- 330g SR flour
- 140g pitted and chopped dates
- ⅓ cup LSA
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sugar for sprinkling on the top
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and prepare muffin cases or grease muffin pan
- Weigh dates into Tmx bowl and chop by pulsing the turbo button 3-4 times.
- Cream butter and sugar speed 6, 10 seconds.
- Add eggs, milk, yoghurt, vanilla and combine speed 5, 5 seconds.
- Add flour dates and LSA and combine gently interval speed, 20 seconds or until just mixed through. Don’t be tempted to over mix. The mixture needs to be just combined. Use the spatula to assist if needed.
- Spoon into muffin cases, sprinkle extra sugar on top and bake in moderate oven (180 degrees) for 15-20 minutes.