These were inspired by some shop bought date balls that my daughter loves. She helped me to re-create the same flavour at home with this recipe. These are really easy and great for lunchboxes with some vegetable sticks.
Recipe type: Sweet Snacks
Serves: Approx 22 balls
- 10 Medjool dates seeds removed (or 180g dried dates)
- 90g desiccated coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- Extra coconut for rolling
- Add dates, coconut and chia seeds in to Tmx bowl and process speed 7, 30 seconds.
- Scrape the sides of the bowl down and then process again a speed 9 for a further 10 seconds.
- Shape teaspoon full amounts into balls and roll in the extra coconut.
- Store sealed in the fridge.
If using all dried dates (not medjool) you may need to slightly decrease the quantity of coconut.