These are so quick to make and a tasty little snack for parties, entertaining, lunch, anything! The chicken and corn combination offers something a bit different to a traditional sausage roll filling. These are nice served with sweet chilli sauce and sour cream. But according to my kids, good old tomato sauce is good too!
You can make your own chicken mince instead of using shop purchased mince – simply chop 500g chicken breasts into chunks and and mince in the Thermomix for 8-15 seconds at speed 7 before starting.
- 100g cheddar cheese
- 500g chicken mince
- 50g (1/2 cup) breadcrumbs
- 200g creamed corn
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 3 sheets puff pastry
- Milk to seal pastry and lightly beaten egg to brush on the top
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees
- Lay pastry sheets out to defrost on bench
- Add cheese to Tmx bowl and grate speed 6, 8 seconds
- Add chicken, breadcrumbs, corn and thyme and mix speed 5, 10 seconds
- Cut each pasty sheet in half, divide the mixture evenly between the halved pastry sheets and spread along the edge of each sheet. Roll up and seal the edges with milk brushed on. Cut into sections (as large or as small as you like) brush beaten egg on the top of each roll and sprinkle with sesame or poppy seeds if you like (optional)
- Place the rolls on baking trays lined with baking paper, and bake in a 200 degree oven for 20 minutes until golden brown.