This is is my version of potato & leek soup. It is very quick to prepare and has a lovely creamy smooth texture.
It is nice served with a drizzle of cream with chopped chives on top. But for extra yumminess, chop up some bacon, fry until crispy, and sprinkle over the top of each serve.
Delicious, warm wintery food!
- ½ brown onion, peeled
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 large leek (white part only - cleaned and chopped into roughly 10cm segments)
- 40g butter
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and pepper to season (to taste)
- 600g water
- 2 Tbsp vegetable stock paste
- Cream and chives to serve (optional)
- Place onions, leek and celery into Tmx bowl and chop 10 seconds, speed 7.
- Add butter and sauté 100 degrees, 2 minutes
- Add all remaining ingredients and cook 100 degrees, 20 minutes, speed 1.
- Blend to a smooth consistency by gradually increasing the speed from 1-8 over 25-30 seconds.
- Serve with a a swirl of cream and chopped chives.