This is a very simple salad recipe, but the dressing really brings it to life. The citrus gives it a nice tang. You can also use this dressing on a coleslaw instead of mayonnaise or on potato salad.
If you don’t like walnuts try pine nuts instead.
You can make the dressing ahead of time and store it in the fridge to pour over just before serving.
Perfect for summer!
- 40g olive oil
- Juice of ½ large orange
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tsp sesame oil
- Handful of fresh coriander leaves
- 2cm fresh ginger (peeled)
- ½ tsp sugar
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced thinly
- 3 cups bean shoots
- 1 cup snow pea sprouts
- 100g snow peas (sliced)
- 1 red capsicum sliced into thin strips
- ½ cup walnuts roughly chopped
- Place all ingredients into the Tmx bowl and combine speed 8, 20 seconds.
- Remove from bowl and pour into a serving jug or jar.
- Mix all prepared ingredients in a large serving bowl and drizzle dressing over just before serving.
This is dressing is also nice served over coleslaw for an alternative to mayonnaise.