A bit of a twist on banana cake. Last time I made this I didn’t have quite enough cranberries so I did a mix of cranberries and choc chips (which was very well received by my three cake testers!) This recipe is dairy free also.
This can be made as a cake, or a loaf/bread. I have made it a few times as in a loaf tin and prefer it this way. Lovely to eat fresh from the oven or toast lightly under the grill and eat with butter as banana bread.
- 175g SR Flour
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 100g brown sugar
- 2 bananas
- 75g dried cranberries
- Juice of one orange
- 2 eggs
- 100g sunflower oil
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees, grease and line a ring tin or loaf tin.
- Place all ingredients except dried cranberries into Tmx bowl and mix speed 5, 30 seconds.
- Add cranberries and mix reverse, speed 3, for a further 20 seconds until combined.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake 180 degrees for 50 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean. If using a loaf tin the cooking time may be slightly longer.
- Ice with lemon icing or cream cheese frosting.